What Are the Legal Rights for Unmarried Parents, and How Does the Process of Uncoupling Differ from Divorce?
Friday, July 23rd
Speakers: Director of Client Partnerships, Steven Leskin and Attorney Conor Buie
Join us as Attorney, Conor Buie, dives into the legal rights for domestic partners and unmarried parents who are contemplating separation.
During this webinar, Conor is going to be discussing:
- Parental rights and responsibilities for unmarried couples, including custody, child support and parenting time.
- Your legal right in a separation from your partner, and the process of uncoupling.
- Domestic partnerships, what they mean, and how they are dissolved.
- Factors that determine who gets custody of the children when unmarried couples separate.
- The importance of establishing paternity, and the process to do so.
- Options to protect yourself though a cohabitation or parental agreements.
- Parental rights for same-sex unmarried couples
- Tips for protecting your assets and legal rights when in an unmarried partnership.
- …and much more!
“Supportive and professional team”- Maria Lucia Gomez-Greenberg
“Helpful and professional team”- Former Client
“Honest and Professional”- Former Client