Third-Party Custody and Visitation for Non-Parents: What Are Your Legal Rights, and What Will You Need to Prove?
Wednesday, October 27th @ 12pm PST
Speakers: Steve Altishin and Zach Santos
Join us for our free webinar, where our Attorney, Zach Santos, will be answering frequently asked questions surrounding third-party custody, circumstances when non-parent custody and visitation might be ordered by a judge, and what to expect from the legal process. You’ll be able to interact with and ask Zach any questions that you may have in real time at the end of the webinar—you won’t want to miss it!
During this webinar, our Attorney, Zach Santos, will be addressing the following:
- If, when, and how can you get legal custody of a child who is not biologically yours?
- What is the state law about non-parent custody?
- What is a non-parent custody petition, who needs to be notified, and what happens at the custody hearing?
- What do you have to prove to win custody or visitation if you’re a grandparent?
- How much visitation can you ask the judge for?
- What is an "ongoing and substantial relationship with the child"?
- Do you have to be related to the child to ask to obtain custody or get visitation?
- What if a parent objects to your non-parent custody petition?
- … and much more!
“Supportive and professional team”- Maria Lucia Gomez-Greenberg
“Helpful and professional team”- Former Client
“Honest and Professional”- Former Client