Salem Adoption Attorneys
Secure Experienced Counsel for Independent Adoptions with Pacific Cascade Family Law
Growing your family through adoption may be the best choice you ever make. However, nothing about this decision should be taken lightly. This is why you need a lawyer who can live up to the seriousness of the commitment you are making.
At Pacific Cascade Family Law, our Salem adoption attorneys are always thrilled to help clients bring a new child into their lives. We know you probably have many concerns about how this process works, but our award-winning team of lawyers know family law matters inside and out and possess all the skills, resources, and experience necessary to make the adoption experience enjoyable for you. Let us take care of the paperwork and other legal difficulties, as you prepare to go on this amazing journey with the rest of our family.
All About Independent Adoption
In the United States, “independent adoptions” are the most common type of adoption proceedings. Essentially, this term refers to adoptions in which the adoptive parents work directly with the child’s birth parents, rather than going through an adoption agency or the Department of Human Services. Under Oregon state law, independent adoptions are allowed in any home of the birth parent’s choosing, assuming the adoptive parents have passed a standard home study.
At Pacific Cascade Family Law, our Salem adoption lawyers can help you with:
- Paying for pregnancy-related costs
- Paying for medical and legal expenses
- Paying for other costs
- Documentation for Federal Adoption Tax Credit application
- Representation for adoptive parents in obtaining home studies and planning for an independent adoption
- Adoptive home assistance for birth parents
- Forming and submitting Continuing Contact Agreements
- Cases affected by the Indian Child Welfare Act
- Cases affected by the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children
“Supportive and professional team”- Maria Lucia Gomez-Greenberg
“Helpful and professional team”- Former Client
“Honest and Professional”- Former Client